UK Temporary Work Creative Worker visa

UK Temporary Work Creative Worker visa

 A creative worker is someone who works in the creative industries, for example an actor, dancer, musician or film crew member.

This visa has replaced the Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (T5). If you’re a sportsperson, you can work in the UK with the International Sportsperson visa. You can come to the UK for a maximum of up to 12 months, or the time given in your certificate of sponsorship plus up to 28 days, whichever is shorter Your stay must start no more than 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship

 You must be 18 or over when you apply

➤ The application fee for each person applying is £259. The fee is the same whether you’re applying from inside or outside the UK

➤ You must pay the healthcare surcharge £624 per year 

➤ You need to make a unique contribution to the UK labour market, for example you’re internationally renowned or are required for continuity

You need a licensed sponsor to give you a certificate of sponsorship before you can apply to work in the UK. and you must have a certificate of sponsorship reference number. Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months from the date it is assigned to you.

➤ You must be paid the minimum salary as set by Equity, PACT or BECTU (except for models, musicians or circuses)

➤ You must have enough money to support yourself in the UK - you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt) Your employer can cover your costs during your first month in the UK, up to £1,270. You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa

➤ When you want to change your sponsor, you must apply again and meet all the eligibility rules if you want to change your sponsor within the same organisation or move to a new organisation Changing your sponsor does not change how long you can stay in the UK. You can only stay the maximum length of time allowed by this visa

➤ If you need a multiple jobs when you’re a creative worker, your sponsor can give you a certificate that covers the entire length of your stay, even if you need to perform at more than one engagement. If you’re working for more than one sponsor, you can get a certificate from each sponsor. There cannot be a gap of more than 14 days between each job. If you leave the UK and come back, your time away will not count towards those 14 days

➤ You must have tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test

➤ You’ll need to provide a criminal record certificate.

What you can and cannot do

You can:

study (for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate)

work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship

do a second job in the same sector and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week

do a job on the Skilled Worker shortage occupation list for up to 20 hours per week

bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependants’, if they’re eligible

You cannot:

get public funds

start your own business

lable: uk creative worker visa