UK International Sportsperson visa

UK International Sportsperson visa

This visa has replaced the Sportsperson (T2) visa and the sporting part of the Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (T5).

➤ You must be 18 or over when you apply

 Application fee, If you’re staying up to 12 months, the fee is £259 per person. If you’re staying for longer than 12 months, the fee depends on whether you’re: applying outside the UK - £625 per person, applying inside the UK to extend or switch - £719 per person

 You must have an elite sportsperson or qualified coach, who’s recognised by your sport’s governing body as being at the highest level of your profession internationally

 You need to have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job

 Your must have a sponsor and They’ll give you a certificate of sponsorship to prove they’re sponsoring you

 Your sports governing body must endorse your application

 Your employment must develop your sport in the UK at the highest level

 You must meet the other eligibility requirements

 You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK. You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for your visa

 You don't need to show that money if you’ve been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months

 Your employer can cover your costs during your first month in the UK, up to £1,270

 You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship

 You, your partner and your children will each need to, pay the healthcare surcharge, which is usually £624 per year

Your partner and children will also need to prove they can support themselves while they’re in the UK,£285 for your partner, £315 for one child, £200 for each additional child

 You must have CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening

 You do not need to prove your knowledge of English if you’re a national of one of the countries like Antigua and Barbuda, Australia , the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, USA

➤ Your visa can last for up to 3 years. You can extend it as long as you’re still eligible

 After 5 years, you may be able to settle permanently in the UK

 You need to show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years

➤ You must have tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test

➤ You’ll need to provide a criminal record certificate.

What you can and cannot do

You can:

work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship

do a second job in certain circumstances

play for your national team in the UK

work as a sports broadcaster

do voluntary work

study as long as it does not interfere with the job you’re sponsored for

travel abroad and return to the UK

bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependants’, if they’re eligible

You cannot:

get public funds

start or run a business

apply for a second job until you’ve started working for your sponsor