Germany EU Blue Card Visa

Germany EU Blue Card Visa

 As a skilled worker with a university degree recognised in Germany, you will be issued with an EU Blue Card if the employment you want to take up matches your professional qualifications

and you can present a contract of employment certifying a gross annual salary of at least 56,400 € in 2022 (for STEM occupations - scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors and IT specialists - at least 43,992 €).

 Two (2) fully completed and signed applications including declarations pursuant to Section 54 Residence Act

 Two (2) recent biometric passport photos

 Valid and personally signed passport – issued within the last 10 years, with at least 2 blank (visa) pages

 Two (2) uncertified copies of the data page of your valid passport

 Residence permit in your country

 Proof of address, e.g. valid driver’s license, utility bill, lease

 Completed form signed by your employer: Declaration of employment (original with two (2) copies) There is a minimum salary requirement for the EU Blue Card which is set once a year by the Federal Ministry of the Interior. In 2021, the minimum salary requirements are: 44,304 € for scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors and IT specialists (so-called STEM occupations) and 56,800 € for all other occupations

 Proof of qualification University qualification (all pages, original and two (2) copies). If your university degree does not state the courses you studied, please also submit your transcript.

 Proof of recognition of the qualification:

Two (2) printouts from the anabin database on the qualification and on the institution or (if the qualification is not assessed as “entspricht” (comparable) or “gleichwertig” (equivalent) and/or the institution is not classified as “H+”)

-Statement of Comparability by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) (original with two (2) copies)

or (in the case of regulated professions in which permission is required to exercise the profession, for example, doctors, engineers; complete list is available from the Federal

Employment Agency or the European Commission)

Permission to exercise a profession issued by the authority responsible for recognising qualifications or assurance of permission to exercise a profession (original and two (2) copies) (for example, for medical professions: decision of the licensing authority in the federal territory, i.e. assurance of permission to exercise a profession and/or issuing of medical licence)

 Proof of housing in Germany incl. full address (e.g. rental agreement, hotel reservation or invitation letter in case of private accommodation with name, full address and passport copy of the inviting person)

➤ Proof of adequate health insurance cover

Health insurance coverage is required at the time of entry into Germany. Usually statutory health insurance coverage provided by the university or future employer only goes into effect when you take up residency and enter into employment/begin with your studies.

If you enter before, an additional private (travel) health insurance in line with EU standards (covering the entire Schengen area, minimum coverage of 30,000 €) must be purchased for the duration of time until you begin your employment/your studies and are covered through the statutory health insurance. Please ensure that your travel health insurance does not exclude protection if a long term or permanent stay is planned.

 Adults: 80 EUR Children 0-5 years: free Children 6-12 years: 40 EUR Children 12 years and older: 80 EUR