German Skilled Workers Holding University Degree Visa

German Skilled Workers Holding University Degree Visa

As a skilled worker with a university degree recognised in Germany, you will be issued with an EU Blue As a skilled worker with an academic qualification recognized in Germany, you can be issued with a residence permit to engage in skilled employment that your qualification enables you to perform.

 Two (2) fully completed and signed applications including declarations pursuant to Section 54 Residence Act

 Two (2) recent biometric passport photos

 Valid and personally signed passport – issued within the last 10 years, with at least 2 blank (visa) pages

 Two (2) uncertified copies of the data page of your valid passport

 Residence permit in your country

 Proof of address, e.g. valid driver’s license, utility bill, lease

 Completed form signed by your employer: Declaration of employment (original with two (2) copies)

 From the age of 45: Proof of adequate provision for old age (original and two (2) copies (only if salary does not amount to at least 55% of the annual contribution assessment ceiling for the general pension insurance scheme – 2022: 46,530 € gross/per annum)

 Proof of qualification University qualification (all pages, original and two (2) copies). If your university degree does not state the courses you studied, please also submit your transcript

 Proof of recognition of the qualification:

Two (2) printouts from the anabin database on the qualification and on the institution

or (if the qualification is not assessed as “entspricht” (comparable) or “gleichwertig” (equivalent) and/or the institution is not classified as “H+”)

Statement of Comparability by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB)

(original with two (2) copies) or (in the case of regulated professions in which permission is required to exercise the profession, for example, doctors, engineers; complete list is available from the Federal Employment Agency or the European Commission)

Permission to exercise a profession issued by the authority responsible for recognising qualifications or assurance of permission to exercise a profession (original

and two (2) copies) (for example, for medical professions: decision of the licensing authority in the federal territory, i.e. assurance of permission to exercise a profession

and/or issuing of medical licence)

 Proof of housing in Germany incl. full address (e.g. rental agreement, hotel reservation or invitation letter in case of private accommodation with name, full address and passport copy of the inviting person)

 Proof of adequate health insurance cover

Health insurance coverage is required at the time of entry into Germany. Usually statutory health insurance coverage provided by the university or future employer only goes into effect when you take up residency and enter into employment/begin with your


If you enter before, an additional private (travel) health insurance in line with EU standards (covering the entire Schengen area, minimum coverage of 30,000 €) must be purchased for the duration of time until you begin your employment/your studies and

are covered through the statutory health insurance. Please ensure that your travel health insurance does not exclude protection if a long term or permanent stay is planned

 Adults: 80 EUR Children 0-5 years: free Children 6-12 years: 40 EUR Children 12 years and older: 80 EUR