German IT Specialists with Professional Experience Visa

German IT Specialists with Professional Experience Visa

 As an IT specialist with significant professional experience (at least 3 years professional experience in the last 7 years), you can be issued with a residence permit to engage in skilled employment in jobs in the field of information and communications technology even without completing a university degree or vocational qualification if the gross annual wage is at least 50,760 €. As a rule, proof of German language skills at B1 level are required but exceptions can be made in duly substantiated cases. 

 Two (2) fully completed and signed applications including declarations pursuant to Section 54 Residence Act

 Two (2) recent biometric passport photos

 Valid and personally signed passport – issued within the last 10 years, with at least 2 blank (visa) pages

 Two (2) uncertified copies of the data page of your valid passport

 Residence permit in your country

 Proof of address, e.g. valid driver’s license, utility bill, lease

 Completed form signed by your employer: Declaration of employment as an IT specialist (original with two (2) copies)

The necessary minimum wage is set by the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community once a year. For 2021, the minimum gross wage is €4260  monthly or €51,120  per annum.

 Proof of German language skills (B1, original and two (2) copies) – exceptions can be made

 Proof of professional experience in the IT sphere (at least three years in the last seven years) (original and two (2) copies)

 Proof of relevant theoretical knowledge (training courses or examinations) (original and two (2) copies)

 Proof of housing in Germany incl. full address (e.g. rental agreement, hotel reservation or invitation letter in case of private accommodation with name, full address and passport copy of the inviting person)

 Proof of adequate health insurance cover

Health insurance coverage is required at the time of entry into Germany. Usually statutory health insurance coverage provided by the university or future employer only goes into effect when you take up residency and enter into employment/begin with your


If you enter before, an additional private (travel) health insurance in line with EU standards (covering the entire Schengen area, minimum coverage of 30,000 €) must be purchased for the duration of time until you begin your employment/your studies and

are covered through the statutory health insurance. Please ensure that your travel health insurance does not exclude protection if a long term or permanent stay is planned

 Adults: 80 EUR Children 0-5 years: free Children 6-12 years: 40 EUR Children 12 years and older: 80 EUR